Pattern: £4.50 (+ VAT)
I’ve always loved all the traditional styles and techniques of knitwear from the British Isles, and have for a long time been planning to design a traditional Fair Isle jumper. You could say I’m starting small!
These fingerless mitts are a great way to use small amounts of coloured yarn, but equally could be made with a single contrast colour for a striking design.
All instructions are written, with the colourwork pattern charted.
Sizes around palm of hand – 7.5″ (19cm)
I used Jamieson and Smith’s 2 ply jumper weight, which is a traditional Shetland yarn, and has an amazing range of colours. It can be substituted with any 4 ply/ fingering weight yarn which gives gauge.
- MC: – Shade #2, beige – 36g, 180yds/164m
- CC1: – Shade #4, dark brown – 5g, 25yds/23m
- CC2: – Shade #12FC, dark green – 4g, 20yds/18m
- CC3: – Shade #11FC, light green – 4g, 20yds/18m
- CC4: – Shade 1A, cream – 2g, 10yds/9m